Application for patronage of a secondary school
The Department of Education and Skills has announced plans for the establishment of six post-primary (secondary) schools to open in September 2020 and has invited patron bodies to apply for patronage of these schools.
The Islamic Foundation of Ireland as a recognised patron body by the Department of Education and Skill has applied for the patronage of the planned school in Blanchardstown West, Dublin 15 and Blanchardstown Village, Dublin 15.
The school is to cater for children living within the school area who are due to commence their post-primary education from 2020 onwards.
Parental preference is central to the process of choosing the patron body.
The Department of Education and Skills has opened the Online Patronage Process System (POPS) website patronage.education.gov.ie for parental preferences which remains open until Friday, 4th October 2019. The website provides information to parents and allows parents to make a choice of their preferred model of patronage for their child’s education.
If you support the creation of the first secondary school with Muslim ethos for your children, please ensure that you make the Islamic Foundation of Ireland your choice for the patron body of the school by Friday, 4th October 2019!
In order to vote, visit POPS website which can be accessed at https://patronage.education.gov.ie Closing date for preference vote for Patron body 4th October 2019.
Please make the Islamic Foundation of Ireland your choice for the patron body of the school.
- Parents of children from 3rd – 6th class (primary school) can vote for the patron body.
- Parents must live in the area wherein the school is being established to vote. The following areas are part of the school catchment area: Castaheany, Clonee, Little pace, Ongar, Huntstown, Hansfield, Blakestown, Whitestown, Cullaghreeva, Barnhill, Barnerstown, Hartstown, Phibblestown, Coolmine, Clonsilla
How can you help?
- Choose the Islamic Foundation of Ireland as your first choice for the Patron body.
How do I choose the Islamic Foundation of Ireland (Dublin Mosque)?
Step 1: Go on the following website: https://patronage.education.gov.ie/
Step 2: Click on the big green button: "Express your patronage preference"
Step 3: Click Co. Dublin / Blanchardstown West D
Step 4: Fill in the requested details
Note: you will need your children's PPS numbers
We would appreciate if you could also share this information with others living in the Dublin 15 area.
Proposed school info:
Size: (pupils): 800.
Ethos: Islamic (if successful)
Please see below for:
- School catchment area.
- Online Patronage Process System POPS - Selection Procedure step by step as a document.
- Download pdf of this announcement.
Alternatively, for more information and keep updated on the process, please email us.